Wednesday, September 16, 2015

September 16, 2015 - Week 3

Hola mia familia!

Ok, so week 3 has now finished and week 4 has commenced!  So this week was such a great week!  I learned more than I've learned my whole time here! Life is great at the CCM.

So I want to start off with a story.  Wednesday of last week I'll be honest was the worst day of my mission so far.  I was so discouraged about the language and my teacher would ask my companion and I to do a practice teaching scenario and we froze.  Also she was disappointed with us because when we left the CCM for P-day we didn't try to place a Book of Mormon.  I was embarrassed and honestly just started crying.  I was so upset with everything and just wanted to sit.  Then we were taught as missionaries we need to be happy.  Our happiness will help investigators for the future.  I realize I've gotta be happy, so I basically just stopped being sad and have been fine every since!  The Lord definitely helped me to realize that I don't need to be upset.  Happines really is the best medicine.

The best thing that happened to me this week, was today Elder Rice and I placed our 1st Book of Mormon!  We had finished the temple and shopping.  I saw an older lady and we just walked up and started talking to her.  I asked her if she had heard anything about Joseph Smith or the Book of Mormon.  She said "no" so I just started teaching and giving a brief account of the restoration.  She listened and said she wanted to learn more!  We asked for her address and telephone number and I am pretty sure she said she didn't have any of those, but I gave her a Book of Mormon and promised her if she read and prayed, God would answer her.  Elder Rice and I bore our testimonies.  It definitely made me realize being missionary isn't something I need to stress about.  I have been scared but after today, I know I'll be fine.  As long as I open my mouth, the Spirit will speak.  I'm so excited to have had that experience because this Saturday we have a proselyting activity.  We will leave the MTC for about 4 hours, and be split up with missionaries in the field, and teach!  I am so excited!  Nervous of course, but definitely more excited!

Since I've been here I've been able to give 3 blessings.  It has been so fun and such a great experience to help the hermanas in my district with blessings.

Today I received a package from my family, and of course you all know I'm wearing the Taylor Swift shirt Maddie sent me!  I'm pretty sure people have been staring, but I honestly don't even care!  haha!  Thanks Maddie!

We had a devotional last night.  His name was Elder Calderon.  One thing he spoke on was in 1 Samuel 16 we all need to be like David against Goliath.  We need to stand up and say we're representatives of the Lord.  Another thing he reminded us was that we're all children of our loving Heavenly Father.  That hit home for me.  It's so nice to hear that.  God is always with us, I know that for sure.

I just want to bear my testimony quick to all of you. I know with my whole heart that this church is true.  I know why I'm on a mission.  I'm preparing to teach the people of Trujillo, but I'm also changing myself.  I have learned patience in these past 3 weeks more than I have in my whole life.  I know that I already have met the people I'm preparing to teach, I know them already.  I know the Savior died for all of us, so we could and can feel happy.  The Savior atoned for every single one of our sins, not because he had too, but because he wanted to.  (Moses 1:1-4)  I know God is loving.  I know we are all children of our Heavenly Father.  I know that when we pray with a sincere heart, God will always answer.  It may not and probably won't always be right away, but he will answer.  I know God lives.  I love this Gospel with everything I am, and say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

With love from Peru,

Elder McMillan  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment