Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Buenas dias mi familia y mi amigos. Mi nombre es Elder McMillan. Soy es representante de Jesucristo. I love you all!!!! This week has been the hardest week of my life, but also the most rewarding. You learn so much from being at the MTC.

Okay so I want to start out talking about my whole day at the airport. Saying goodbye to my family was the hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life, but it was well worth it. When i got on the plane to leave for Peru, I had a mini panic attack realizing that I was leaving for two years. then I read a letter from momma, which said remember, he is always with you. That has been my goal this whole week. Just to remember that the Lord is always with me. Its been hard meeting new people and learning a new language but at the same time has been so fun!!!!!! I now can greet people, say a prayer in Spanish and bear my testimony in Spanish. It has been such an amazing experience. The Peru MTC is a pretty place but very small. There's only like 150 missionaries here. It is so fun. Today for the beginning of P day i went to the Peru temple which was so fun!!!!

Elder Rice is my companion. We get along. hahha!!!! We have taught 2 lessons to our investigator - Jose - and we are going to invite him to be baptized next time we see him!!!! Its very humbling to be in a first lesson and hardly know the language, but we did it, and it was well worth it. I've learned a lot since then.

The main thing I want to express to all of you is to remember to trust in the Lord. I've learned that more than I ever have in a week. There's been times when I've felt alone, but what's kept me going is the fact that i have the Lord. The mission is such a good experience, like Jessica said it really is a refiners fire. I love you guys so so so so much thanks for the letters and best wishes.

Love from Peru,

Elder McMillan

PS. I forgot to mention in my big email that I experienced my first earthquake!!!!! It was really cool!!!! No damage was done, just one we could all feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment