Thursday, November 12, 2015

October 19, 2015

Well hello there my dear friends and family. I am writing you all from Chao. haha! I love you all and I hope all is going well. This week was great. I had amazing experiences, and really hard experiences but that is ok because everyone learns from experiences.

Like last week, we in this part of the mission worry a lot about saving less actives and re activating them. We almost have 2 that are saved!!!! There names are Hermana Juana and Hermano Enrique. They are amazing and I want so badly for them to just be happy and come back. I know they will through time.

We have been working a lot with an investigator named Lilia. She lives with her boyfriend and they have had 5 kids together, but they're not married. She and her kids that are of age want to be baptized but she has to either marry her boyfriend or leave him. Were teaching him too, his name is Abraham. We taught him the Restoration and when Elder Volquez recited the first vision of Joseph Smith,  I looked in Abraham's eyes, and I knew he felt the spirit. He said he felt the spirit. I was going to ask him to be baptized but then he asked for us to give Lilia a blessing because she was sick. I felt like I should've asked but didn't because of the fact that we gave her a blessing.

It is difficult not being able to speak fluent. I want to just speak with fluent Spanish but I know it takes time, I know in time, I will be blessed with the gift of tongues.

I spoke in sacrament this last week! I spoke on fasting. I used a lot of scriptures. I made the congregation laugh haha! Members told my district leader that they loved my message. That made me proud of myself haha!

I love you all so so so so much. Remember when you feel like you can"t stand anymore, when you feel alone, remember. you are never alone. Our savior is always with us. The atonement is always there to take all pain away. Remember that. Never forget that when you feel sad, you can change your mood and be happy. You can do that with faith and strength. I love you all!!!!!

Love from Peru,

Elder McMillan

No comments:

Post a Comment